Our Social Work Department works hard to ensure that you and your families are provided not only with emotional and social support, but also:
- assistance with Medicare and Medicaid paperwork
- assistance with coordination of legal and financial resources
- assistance providing Advance Care Planning legal documents
- assistance with contacting community resources
- assistance providing a bereavement program for 13 months after the passing of your loved one
Our hospice care services, including emotional and social support, are never billed to you
or your family.
Advance Care Planning
At Hospice of Fayette County, we believe that Advance Care Planning should be completed by everyone 18 and older, regardless of their current medical condition. No one likes to think about dying and death but they are realities of life. Armed with the proper information and forms, you can take control of choices regarding your medical future. We have booklets available that contain the following important planning documents:
- The Ohio Living Will
- The Ohio Health Care Power of Attorney
- A form directing Anatomical Gifts
- The Ohio Do-Not-Resuscitate (DNR) Law
You can fill out the Living Will or Health Care Power of Attorney forms by yourself. You are not required to use a lawyer. However, since these are important legal documents, you may wish to consult a lawyer for advice. The DNR Order can only be completed by a physician, certified nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist, as appropriate. Call us at (740) 335-0149 or stop in to pick up a packet today.
740-335-0149 F740-335-3489 Copyright 2013. Hospice of Fayette County. All Rights Reserved.